Savola honoured for business forum support
Jeddah, May 31, 2012
The Savola Group, a leading company in the field of food, retail, and plastic industry, was recently honoured for its diamond sponsorship of the Business Ethics Forum held at the Jeddah Hilton Hotel.
Mahmoud Abdul Ghaffar, Savola’s board secretary and chief of Corporate Affairs accepted the award from Adil Fakieh, Minister of Labour.
Savola’s participation in the Forum reflects the importance of work ethics and values with the Group’s various business lines and sectors.
The Savola Group, represented by Faten Al Yafi, senior executive director of CSR and PR, presented a paper titled “Transparency, Responsibility, Ethics” underscoring the importance of corporate social responsibly within the Group by activating a series of ethics and values which have enabled Savola to create a strong internal culture and a distinctive way of doing business.
Al Yafi said that there are three key factors that support this notion: “Covering a major and diverse part of society, reinforcing a robust internal structure, and building the image of the organization.”
Al Yafi continued, “Social Responsibility in the Kingdom underwent five critical phases that began with realization, then importance, then reinforcement, then development, and finally sustainability.”
Al Yafi also indicated that 2006 was a year of transformation for CSR in Saudi Arabia and this picked up momentum since then.
According to Al Yafi’s presentation, statistics revealed that CSR is growing at an average of 40 per cent per annum where 80 per cent of the support is coming from the private sector. Around 500 companies and organisations in Saudi Arabia are active in some form or other in various CSR programmes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Carlyle sells stake in Saudi lighting firm to Philips
- Alba receives top UK honour
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth