New seaport for fishermen to open in Bahrain
Manama, June 14, 2012
A new seaport constructed on 120,000 sq m to cater to the needs of fishing community will open today (June 14) in Bahrain.
His Majesty King Hamad’s Personal Representative and Public Commission for the Protection to Marine Resources, Environment and Wildlife president Shaikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa will be open the facility at Askar at 5pm.
The commission spearheaded the project in co-operation with the Works and Municipalities and Urban Planning Affairs ministries.
Municipalities and Urban Planning Affairs Minister Dr Juma’a Al Kaabi hailed Shaikh Abdulla for promoting the sector and addressing fishermen’s needs. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Interface showcases new collection
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production