UMG, Bayanat launch deep water echo sounder
Abu Dhabi, June 26, 2012
Unique System, a Unique Maritime Group (UMG) company, and Bayanat Mapping & Survey Services, a leading provider of geospatial services, have launched an advanced deep water echo sounder in Abu Dhabi.
The launch took place on Bayanat's survey catamaran, at Reem Island, and featured the first demonstration in the Middle East of the Kongsberg EM2040 Multibeam Echo Sounder, the first system to bring all the advanced features of deep water multibeams to the near bottom sounding environment.
The basic EM 2040 has four units, a transmit transducer, a receive transducer, a processing unit, and a workstation. Unique System is the exclusive representative of Kongsberg Maritime products in the Middle East.
“We would like to extend our kind gratitude to Bayanat as without their support it would have been a challenge to conduct this kind of demonstration,” said Ian Huggins, general manager at Unique System.
“Bayanat is proud to partner with Unique System FZE for this launch. Given our positioning as a local geospatial leader, we are confident that this collaboration will ensure we continue to deliver world-class geospatial and hydrographic services to better serve all our customers in the UAE and beyond,” said Dr Adel Al Shamsi, Hydrographic Surveying director, Bayanat for Mapping & Surveying Services.
“We are proud of our association with Unique and Kongsberg for their products like the EM 2040 Multibeam Echo sounder, which help us achieve our objectives and we look forward to further developing this fruitful partnership in the future.”
Geir Skogen, sales manager of Kongsberg, said: “EM 2040 is the world's only true wideband high resolution Multibeam Echosounder system.”
“EM 2040 is designed to meet all requirements for hydrographic and inspection surveys and provides exceptional resolution and performance, including the ability to fulfill required along track coverage at twice the survey speed. EM 2040 MBES can operate in three frequencies at 400 kHz, 300 kHz and 200 kHz and the demonstration will showcase the various features and flexibility of the system,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures