Industries Qatar posts $587m Q2 profit
Doha, August 8, 2012
Industries Qatar, the Gulf's second-largest petrochemicals firm, posted a slight rise in second quarter profits on Wednesday, falling in line with analyst estimates.
The Qatari firm had net profit of 2.14 billion riyals ($587 million) for the quarter ended June 30, according to Reuters calculations based on financial statements. That compared with profit of 2.08 billion riyals a year earlier.
Analysts forecast average profit of 2.09 billion riyals, in a Reuters poll.
The company said it had first-half net profit of 4.04 billion riyals, down slightly from 4.17 billion in the same period last year. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export