Industries Qatar posts $587m Q2 profit
Doha, August 8, 2012
Industries Qatar, the Gulf's second-largest petrochemicals firm, posted a slight rise in second quarter profits on Wednesday, falling in line with analyst estimates.
The Qatari firm had net profit of 2.14 billion riyals ($587 million) for the quarter ended June 30, according to Reuters calculations based on financial statements. That compared with profit of 2.08 billion riyals a year earlier.
Analysts forecast average profit of 2.09 billion riyals, in a Reuters poll.
The company said it had first-half net profit of 4.04 billion riyals, down slightly from 4.17 billion in the same period last year. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services