Kuwait sees Nov re-opening for EG unit
Kuwait, August 28, 2012
Kuwait-based Equate Petrochemical Company said that its ethylene glycol (EG) unit is estimated to be back online mid-November.
“This was a change in schedule from what was issued on August 2, which had stipulated that the 550,000 MTA EG Unit will be back online within approximately six weeks from the fire that took place on July 31,” said an Equate official.
“Equate is the only entity authorized to issue statements regarding this matter and all other issues relevant to its operations,” the official added.
Established in 1995, Equate is an international joint venture between Petrochemical Industries Company, The Dow Chemical Company, Boubyan Petrochemical Company and Qurain Petrochemical Industries Company.
It is the single operator of a fully integrated world-scale manufacturing facility producing over 5 million tons annually of high-quality petrochemical products. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export