Amin Al Arrayed and Jubran Abdulrahman sign the agreement.
Majaal signs up for Gulf Industry Fair
Manama, September 12, 2012
Majaal Warehouse Company, Bahrain’s small and medium enterprises-focused developer of industrial facilities, has signed a key sponsorship deal with Hilal Conferences & Exhibitions (HCE) for next year's Gulf Industry Fair.
The Northern Gulf’s premier business-to-business dedicated industrial show, Gulf Industry Fair 2013 will be held from January 15 to 17 at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre (BIECC).
As per the agreement, Majaal - which last participated in GIF 2011 - will be the principal strategic sponsor of the ‘Industrial Facilities’ show segment, which makes its debut next year.
This new segment reflects the increased importance of industrial manufacturing and the SME sector to national economic objectives, said a statement from HCE.
Since opening in February 2010 Majaal - a wholly-owned subsidiary of First Bahrain Real Estate Development Company - has enjoyed consistent growth, and achieved full occupancy for its 12,000 sq m first phase late last year.
Against a background of renewed stability in the local business environment, coupled with First Bahrain’s confidence in the Kingdom’s economic outlook, the company is now embarking on the second phase of its $45 million development at the site in Bahrain Investment Wharf.
When completed in the second quarter of 2013, the second phase will double the total leasable space developed by Majaal to date, providing state-of-the-art facilities ready for occupation by both niche manufacturing companies and/or organisations seeking secure, flexible and cost-effective storage space, all in close proximity to major transport links connecting Bahrain to the region and the world.
Jubran Abdulrahman, the managing director of HCE, said Majaal represented the new generation of industrial cluster projects which are integral to Bahrain’s long-term economic plans.
"Given that one of HCE’s strategic goals is to position Bahrain as the northern Gulf’s industrial hub, it is fitting that Majaal - which has attracted significant inward foreign investment to the Kingdom since it was established - should choose Gulf Industry Fair 2013 to promote its expanded capabilities to a regional audience," Abdulrahman remarked.
Amin Al Arrayed, the general manager of Majaal, said, "Having commenced our expansion which will be ready for occupancy on June 2013, we need to announce to the world that we now have space available for leasing. There is no better venue to make this declaration than at Gulf Industry Fair."
"In addition to the visitor footfall that comes into the exhibition, the fair offers opportunities to interact with other participants, expand our network and explore synergies with them," he stated.
"We also benefit from the strong traffic flows from Saudi Arabia. Of several relationships we have advanced in Saudi Arabia since 2011, one was a direct result of our previous participation at Gulf Industry Fair, demonstrating that the fair is a place where real business is done," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures