Investcorp's logistics firm joins elite US list
Manama, September 17, 2012
Archway Marketing Services, a US logistics company owned by Bahrain-based Investcorp, has been named in the Inc magazine 500 to 5,000 fastest growing private companies in the US for the fourth consecutive year.
Archway is one of the two acquisitions made by Investcorp during the summer for $550 million.
The second acquisition was Esmalglass, a leading global supplier of intermediate products for the ceramics industry. While Investcorp has been investing in leading businesses in Europe for 30 years, Esmalglass marks its first transaction in Spain.
Since Archway first appeared on the Inc magazine list in 2005, its revenues have grown by 240 per cent and the company has earned increased revenues in each sequential year.
With Investcorp's support, Archway plans to continue its growth momentum and consolidate its leadership position in the industry by further growing its customer base and seeking attractive acquisition targets.
"Investcorp continues to find exciting and dynamic US and European companies to invest in, despite the economic backdrop," said Investcorp president of Gulf business Mohammed Al Shroogi.
"Both Archway and Esmalglass are led by extremely experienced management teams and have witnessed substantial growth over the last few years.
"We believe that both companies have significant growth prospects due to their unique market positions and we look forward to being part of their next phases of development," Al Shroogi said.-Tradearabia News service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai