Investcorp's logistics firm joins elite US list
Manama, September 17, 2012
Archway Marketing Services, a US logistics company owned by Bahrain-based Investcorp, has been named in the Inc magazine 500 to 5,000 fastest growing private companies in the US for the fourth consecutive year.
Archway is one of the two acquisitions made by Investcorp during the summer for $550 million.
The second acquisition was Esmalglass, a leading global supplier of intermediate products for the ceramics industry. While Investcorp has been investing in leading businesses in Europe for 30 years, Esmalglass marks its first transaction in Spain.
Since Archway first appeared on the Inc magazine list in 2005, its revenues have grown by 240 per cent and the company has earned increased revenues in each sequential year.
With Investcorp's support, Archway plans to continue its growth momentum and consolidate its leadership position in the industry by further growing its customer base and seeking attractive acquisition targets.
"Investcorp continues to find exciting and dynamic US and European companies to invest in, despite the economic backdrop," said Investcorp president of Gulf business Mohammed Al Shroogi.
"Both Archway and Esmalglass are led by extremely experienced management teams and have witnessed substantial growth over the last few years.
"We believe that both companies have significant growth prospects due to their unique market positions and we look forward to being part of their next phases of development," Al Shroogi said.-Tradearabia News service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export