Air Products, ACWA Holding to set up Saudi JV
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, October 18, 2012
Air Products and The Arabian Company for Power and Water Development (ACWA Holding) have announced plans to set up a new joint venture in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
The two firms have signed an agreement for the formation of the new company, ACWA Air Products Arabia. The partnership will focus on the successful pursuit of large-scale industrial gas opportunities within Saudi Arabia.
Mohammed A Abunayyan, ACWA Holding chairman said: "Partnering with Air Products which is one of the world's largest owners and developers of industrial gases, is a strategic move for ACWA Holding to broaden its economic contribution as a major private sector developer for the kingdom and GCC.
"Furthermore, ACWA Holding's track record as a leading regional owner and developer of facilities in power generation, water desalination/treatment, sewage water treatment, district cooling and solar/waste management will enable the new joint venture to provide effective and competitive quality industrial gas facilities to serve the region's hydrocarbon and industrial markets," he said.
Howard Castle-Smith, Air Products' regional vice president-Tonnage Gases Europe and Middle East, said: "Our new venture with ACWA Holding complements Air Products' existing presence in Saudi Arabia and the GCC, providing a strong platform to further grow our business there by partnering with prime Saudi industrial investors and developers, such as ACWA Holding."
"By leveraging our mutual capabilities – Air Products' knowledge and proven track record in large industrial gas plants and ACWA Holding's strong infrastructure position - we will be able to pursue large-scale industrial gas opportunities within the Kingdom and provide customers with secure quality, manufacture and distribution," Castle-Smith said.
The new company complements Air Products' 25 per cent stake in Abdullah Hashim Industrial Gases & Equipment Co Ltd. (AHG), a company of the privately-owned Abdullah Hashim Group, based in Saudi Arabia.
Air Products has been serving customers in the Middle East for over 50 years, and already operates a helium and cylinder gases filling and distribution facility, as well as a specialty gases centre in the Jebel Ali Free Zone. Air Products has offices in Doha and Dubai and works closely with the region's petrochemical, gasification and refining industries. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers