Work begins on Jazan silos project
Jeddah, December 3, 2012
Saudi Arabia's General Organization for Grain Silos and Flour mills has started work on a SR560 million ($149 million) grain silos and flour mill project at Jazan Port.
Jazan Governor Prince Muhammad bin Nasser laid the foundation stone for the project yesterday, said a report in Arab News.
Walid Al-Kheraiji, director general of the General Organization for Grain Silos and Flour mills, was quoted as saying the project would have a capacity to store 120,000 tonnes of wheat while the flour mill would supply 600 tonnes of flour daily.
The project will also include a laboratory to test the quality of wheat and flour, he said.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Extrusions unveils key techniques at Italy show
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans