Work begins on Jazan silos project
Jeddah, December 3, 2012
Saudi Arabia's General Organization for Grain Silos and Flour mills has started work on a SR560 million ($149 million) grain silos and flour mill project at Jazan Port.
Jazan Governor Prince Muhammad bin Nasser laid the foundation stone for the project yesterday, said a report in Arab News.
Walid Al-Kheraiji, director general of the General Organization for Grain Silos and Flour mills, was quoted as saying the project would have a capacity to store 120,000 tonnes of wheat while the flour mill would supply 600 tonnes of flour daily.
The project will also include a laboratory to test the quality of wheat and flour, he said.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans
- Top industrial trade fair opens in Oman
- Siemens names key Middle East officials