Forum to put spotlight on green tech
Manama, December 23, 2012
The use of green technologies in the fields of mechanical and electrical engineering will come under focus at the upcoming "Arabian Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP 2013)" exhibition to be held in Bahrain next month.
The second edition of the MEP expo will be held at the Bahrain International Exhibition Centre from January 7 to 9 under the patronage of Works Minister Essam Khalaf.
The event is supported by the Works Ministry, which is also setting up a material testing lab at the venue. The ministry, along with the Bahrain and Saudi chapters of building technology society ASHRAE and engineering giants Trane, Samsung and ThyssenKrupp, will conduct technical seminars as well.
Several key initiatives will be discussed by the government and public sector at the event, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"There have been several initiatives in the field, particularly in the areas of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning insulation, refrigeration and automation in the recent past and participants will share their knowledge on the developments," the event organiser Exposure Media managing director Sijo Joseph.
"The first such event last year was a great success and a boost for the industry," he said. "The heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry is developing and progressing in the Middle East region and, as such last year's event served as a perfect meeting point to interact with entrepreneurs worldwide to exchange breakthrough technologies and innovative ideas."
He said several well-known companies had already signed on to be part of the upcoming show. "It will promote quality manufacturers, certified for their socially responsible practices in labour, fair trade and a low carbon footprint."
He said the show supports sustainable methods and environmentally responsible practices with all of its partners.
He said the event is opportunity for global players in Bahrain and other GCC countries to buy, sell, network and learn.
Those taking part included manufacturers and distributors of products, allied equipment and components' suppliers, mechanical and plumbing contractors, architects, designers, builders, consultants and technicians, among others.
MEP 2013 is sponsored by Awal Gulf Manufacturing Company and ABB as platinum sponsors, while BTA Trane, NEHMEH, Saach International, Aztec Technical Services, JGB Group of Companies, Kavalani and Sons and MMTI are gold sponsors.
Al Fayasil Group, 3i Aluminium, Capital Electricals, Ideal Projectlink, Mohammed Fakhroo and Sons and Flex Air have signed on as silver sponsors.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Technologies |
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon