Zamil Saudi venture wins ISO certification
Riyadh, January 7, 2013
Saudi-based Aminat, a joint venture between Huntsman Corporation and Zamil Chemplast, said it has won the key ISO 9001 certification in recognition of the operational performance and professional skills at its Jubail plant.
John Smyth, the VP of Huntsman’s EMEA Performance Products business, said: ”This is a remarkable achievement for a site which only began production two years ago. It confirms our commitment to product quality and customer service and is a recognition of the world class operational performance, high level of skills, and excellent teamwork within Aminat."
"Aminat is a key part of the Huntsman global supply network of ethyleneamines to customers in the Middle East, India, Europe and Asia Pacific," he added.
Huntsman, he said, is a global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals. "Our operating companies manufacture products for a variety of global industries, including chemicals, plastics, automotive, aviation, textiles, footwear, paints and coatings, construction, technology, agriculture, health care, detergent, personal care, furniture, appliances and packaging," he added.
Zamil Chemplast is a holding company owned by Zamil Group, with seven affiliated JVs in the areas of plastic conversion and specialty chemicals.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour