Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
Manama, May 15, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, is sponsoring the ongoing CRU World Aluminium Conference in London.
Some of the most influential leaders and key decision makers from the global aluminium industry are in attendance at the three-day event, which opened yesterday (May 14) at the Guoman Hotel.
The companies represented comprise some of the big names in the industry and include those involved in smelting, recycling, rolling, extruding, trade, raw materials, purchasing, technology and finance.
As event sponsor, Alba hosted a welcome reception for all participating delegates on the opening day of the conference. Diplomatic Attaché Shaikh Ali bin Ahmed Al Khalifa represented the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain in the UK on this occasion.
Alba is showcase its extensive range of high-grade aluminium products, meet with current and potential trade partners at an exhibition stand at the sidelines of CRU's 18th World Aluminium Conference.
Tim Murray, Alba’s chief executive, said: “CRU’s World Aluminium Conference plays a pivotal role in bringing together some of the leading decision makers from around the world, and thus, presents a focal point for discussing some of the challenges and opportunities facing the aluminium industry.”
“Alba’s support for this prestigious event indicates our on-going commitment to strengthen the growth of the industry and ensure its continued success,” he added.
CRU is an independent business analysis and consultancy group focused on the mining, metals, power, cables, fertiliser and chemical sectors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts