Dubal, Emal take part in aluminium summit
Dubai, June 12, 2013
Dubai Aluminium (Dubal) and Emirates Aluminium (Emal) explored new opportunities and strengthened ties with key players at a forum held in Chicago recently.
At the sixth aluminium outlook summit 'Harbor 2013', hosted by Harbor Intelligence, Dubal and Emal had a combined booth in the exhibition component and hosted a lunch.
A presentation titled "UAE’s primary aluminium strategy for the Americas and Europe” was also made by Walid Al Attar, executive vice president of marketing and sales.
Al Attar highlighted the global position held by the sales strategy of the combined portfolio, since Dubal and Emal have signed an agreement, whereby Dubal is responsible for the marketing and sales of Emal’s entire annual production.
The total production of the two companies in 2012 was 1.84 million tonnes of metal, and represented almost 50 per cent of the 3.7 million tonnes of total primary aluminium production capacity of the GCC and almost four per cent of the 46.5 million tonnes produced worldwide, he said.
Following the completion of Emal Phase II, the combined primary aluminium production in the UAE will increase to 2.37 million tonnes from the end of 2014, he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects