Alba sales edge up 1.9pc in H1
Manama, July 9, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest and most modern aluminium smelters in the world, recorded a year-on-year increase of 1.9 per cent in its sales figures for the first half of 2013 backed by higher production.
The sales rose to 454,428 metric tonnes (mt) ahead of the company’s own forecast for the period. Production figures year-to-date were up by 2 per cent -- reaching 452,727 mt versus 443,533 mt for the same period in 2012.
In addition, Alba was able to capitalise on the sound demand of value-added products and closed the first half of 2013 with an average of 66 per cent of total shipments versus 65 per cent for the same period in 2012.
Alba chief executive Tim Murray said: “Alba’s overall sales figures continued to gain momentum thanks to the successful implementation of a focused marketing strategy on the back of enhanced productivity.”
Alba will release its second quarter 2013 financial results and business outlook on July 29, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects