UAE smelters set for Swiss event
Dubai, September 15, 2013
Dubai Aluminium (Dubal) and Emirates Aluminium (Emal) will showcase their product portfolios in a joint exhibition stand at a major conference to be held in Switzerland next week.
The 28th International Aluminium Conference, organised and hosted by metal Bulletin in Geneva, will take place from September 16 to 18.
The event will attract more than 500 key industry decision-makers who focus on global challenges and strategies and address industry dynamics and uncovering market potential.
The UAE smelters’ participation in the conference follows the sizeable portion of Dubal and Emal’s annual sales from the European market.
In 2012, nearly 212,000 tonnes of Dubal metal was sold to customers in Europe. In the same year around 220,000 tonnes of Emal metal was sold – a combined total of 436,000 tonnes.
The largest proportion of the metal sold comprises of billet and foundry re-melt products to customers in Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, Czech Republic, Poland, France and Greece.
The European Commission approved the integration of Dubal and Emal as assets of the newly-established Emirates Global Aluminium (a new company jointly owned in equal shareholding by Mubadala and Investment Corporation of Dubai). - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport