Top pharma group to boost DWC capacity
Dubai, September 15, 2013
Hellman Calipar Healthcare Logistics, a strategic joint venture between German-based Hellman Worldwide Logistics and India's Calipar Integrated Services, has started work on its warehouse extension project at Dubai World Central (DWC), the world’s first purpose-built aerotropolis.
The company plans to double the current warehouse capacity by adding over 12,500 temperature-controlled pallet positions in a new hitech healthcare facility, located next to the existing warehouse at DWC.
Upon completion, Hellman Calipar Healthcare Logistics will be the largest dedicated healthcare warehouse in the region, said a statement from the company.
The company, which presents a unique concept of healthcare logistics services using Dubai as the hub, has been offering its range of services to support secure distribution of its customer’s specialized pharmaceutical and healthcare products across the region through its fully-equipped logistics centre located at DWC.
The significant expansion of its warehouse capacity will enable the company to address the growing demand for its high quality services in key markets.
Commenting on the move, Madhav Kurup, the CEO for Mena region, said “Ever since Hellman Calipar Healthcare Logistics began operations in Dubai World Central it has benefited immensely from the distinct advantages and world-class infrastructure offered by DWC. Especially since this venture is dedicated to healthcare logistics, an industry which is extremely time-sensitive, it was crucial that we have a fast-cycle logistics environment such as DWC that gave us access to fast and efficient multi model logistics platform with global connectivity."
"Our decision to further expand our warehouse capacity is due to the established credibility, industry confidence and ever increasing demand for this operating model using DWC as the healthcare Hub, and we believe that our new facility will help us address customer requirements even more efficiently," he added.
Mohsen Ahmad, the VP Logistics District, DWC, said: "The companies operating in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector have often pointed to the strategic advantages they enjoy, including the multimodal transport, fast-cycle logistics environment, and proximity to Al Maktoum International Airport and Jebel Ali Sea Port."
"Moreover, DWC also offers hitech infrastructure that will significantly benefit fast-growing healthcare logistics companies such as Hellman Calipar Healthcare Logistics,” he added.
Hellmann Calipar was the first company in the region to invest in a dedicated healthcare validated facility, which was set up after complete validation through simulation exercises for hub processes and freight management.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV