Unique wins Abu Dhabi shipping solutions deal
Abu Dhabi, September 18, 2013
Unique System, a leading integrated turnkey subsea and offshore solution provider, said it has won a contract from Abu Dhabi National Tanker Company and National Gas Shipping Company (ADNATCO) to deliver ship performance monitoring solutions for its fleet.
Adnatco, the shipping arm of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, said these solutions are aimed at helping optimize vessel performance and subsequently reduce fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
The project’s objective is to implement energy management systems for the Abu Dhabi group's entire fleet. The first stage of the project includes the installation of ship performance monitoring systems onboard the six vessels of Adnatco: two LNG vessels, two bulk carriers and two oil tankers.
The principal objective will be to improve the vessel’s performance and eliminate environmental concerns such as excessive fuel consumption and carbon emission in the long term, said the Abu Dhabi company in its statement.
Marorka’s Onboard Energy Management System and Marorka Online, a fleet reporting tool, have been selected for this purpose. The system gathers data from the required instrumentation points and presents the overall efficiency of the vessel ina user-friendly interface.
The main advantage of the system is its ability to provide real-time information from each vessel in fleet, thereby facilitating informed decisions related to energy efficiency.
The entire project will be carried out by Unique System, acting as agents for the Iceland-based energy management company Marorka.
Dhia Hussain, the project manager, Al Daffah Project of Adnatco said the Unique System is known for its superlative technical knowledge and cost-effective solutions.
"Backed by first-rate support from Marorka and factory-trained service engineers locally, we are confident that the on-board support for this project in terms of installation and commissioning of the system will be instrumental in achieving the desired results."
Venkatesh Rao, the division manager, Marine for Unique System said, "We have always strived to deliver the best in technology to our marine clients. We firmly believe that Marorka is a pioneer in energy management solutions based on extensive research and development activities."
Georg Haraldsson, the area manager, SEE and ME at Marorka said, "We are confident that our partner Unique’s technical expertise and aftersales support service will be key assets that will help in the successful completion of the project. We look forward to working with Adnatco on additional future projects.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu