Gefco, Hyundai sign distribution deal
Dubai, September 19, 2013
Gefco Dubai, a leading automotive logistics group, has signed a distribution deal with GK Automotive, the distributor of Hyundai in Dubai.
Under the terms of the new partnership, Gefco will be responsible for all operations including the transport and distribution of 12,000 cars per year, while also taking charge of its storage and custom clearance.
Hyundai cars exported from Korea will now be shipped to Dubai by Gefco and stored in the emirate for national and international distribution. It will also ship cars by sea to Um-Qasr in Iraq and will take of the care of the road distribution in the country, besides custom clearance formalities.
"We are absolutely confident that Gefco will be able to offer us the reliable and efficient service we are requiring," said Hazem Abdel-Rehim, managing director, GK Auto.
"We believe the flexibility of Gefco’s offering will meet both our immediate and longer term needs – allowing us to run our business at optimum efficiency." - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts