Alba reviews key management strategies
Manama, October 7, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest and most modern aluminium smelters in the world, reiterated its commitment towards further strengthening its competitive edge, bolstering its safety & environmental regulations.
Speaking at a strategic review meeting for Alba's management team, chief executive Tim Murray stated that today Alba and also the whole aluminium industry was facing difficult times with low metal prices.
"The key to Alba weathering this storm is proper strategy execution. The recent strategy offsite was a time for Alba to align our priorities with the focus on maintaining our position as a 1st quartile cost producer," he remarked.
The focus of the day-long meeting was to look atthe challenges facing the industry, review the strategies in place at Alba to boost competitiveness, gauge the potential of the changing market dynamics, study cost control options, and examine how to harness team work to boost greater productivity.
The meeting was also attended by chief operations officer Isa Al Ansari, chief financial officer Ali Al Baqali and chief marketing officer Jean Baptiste Lucas.
The offsite meeting provided Alba’s senior officials an opportunity to review current policies and examine future options to boost productivity. Focus was also given to strengthen teamwork as well as further improve safety initiatives across the plant.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Carlyle sells stake in Saudi lighting firm to Philips
- Alba receives top UK honour
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth