Alba launches safety films festival
Manama, October 27, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) has launched a week-long safety film festival, as part of its on-going drive to generate greater safety awareness across the plant.
The festival will feature more than 20 films produced by a dedicated in-house team, and will be held in different departments all over the plant.
The goal is to highlight critical activities faced by different departments, steps that can be taken to reduce risks and provide focus on job safety practices.
Tim Murray, chief executive officer, said: “Messages that are conveyed via audio visual tools have a more persuasive edge in raising awareness on safety issues. Thus, we are confident that the safety films festival will provide employees with a fresh perspective in better understanding ways of minimising hazards and maximising safety in their respective tasks, and steer Alba towards achieving our goal of establishing a zero accidents work environment.”
The team that produced the films, was involved in scripting, filming and post-production work on the videos, and plans are already planning to produce more safety related videos. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export