Bahrain Foam Factory showcases new products
Manama, February 5, 2014
Bahrain Foam Factory (BFF), a major manufacturer of polyurethane foam used mainly in the furniture and bedding industries, is showcasing its sofa bed and new bean bag at the Gulf Industry Fair in Bahrain.
The sofa bed is an all-purpose model that can be folded into a seat or opened out into a mattress. “It can be used outdoors especially on desert trips,” said Varghese Karakkal, group finance manager of J A Zayani and Sons, part of which is BFF.
People should be more aware of what goes into making the mattresses as they spend one-third of their lifetime in bed, BFF believes. “What mostly concerns people is the price of the bed and not what goes into it. There is just more to it than what meets the eye,” he said.
BFF is a 30-year-old company and its products are widely used by furniture manufacturers for sofa sets, Arabic seating and other household furniture where foam is used. It also produces beds with coils and latex mattresses.
It can produce foam in various densities -- soft to hard, depending on the requirement. Size is also no issue for BFF, said Karakkal. “We make custom-built sizes. So if there is an odd room, we can make a mattress for it as well.”
BFF has been a regular participant at the Gulf Industry Fair since the inception of the event seven years ago and being a Bahraini company, it takes keen interest in the show that promotes Bahrain’s industries. “We basically want to showcase ourselves, create brand awareness and show visitors what we have to offer as a local manufacturing company for bedding,” said Karakkal.
BFF markets its products either directly or through a large network of distributors.
Bahrain Foam Factory is present at Stand 1D31 at the Gulf Industry Fair, which concludes tomorrow (Feb 6). - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV