ABB to showcase new solutions in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, 24 days ago
ABB, the global power and automation technology group and its unit Ventyx, will showcase solutions for ‘innovation and energy efficiency for offshore platforms’ at a conference in Abu Dhabi next week.
The Mena Offshore Platforms 2014 event will take place from February 23 to 26 at the Beach Rotana Hotel.
ABB’s flagship system, Predictive Emission Monitoring System (PEMS), a monitoring system that uses artificial intelligence to reduce environmental impact, will be the point of focus during the event.
Christian Cravedi, vice president, said: “The need for a proven path to operational excellence has never been greater given challenges such as meeting regulatory pressures, operating aging assets and drilling in harsher environments.”
“We have to take care of our main assets - the employees, infrastructure and knowledge. We have to put them in the best and safest condition to operate. Through our participation in the conference and with our customer seminar, we aim to help clients tackle these issues effectively,” he said.
“Ventyx will also give a glimpse into the future about how safety-related incidents can be prevented by leveraging intelligent, automated systems designed to capture data, learn from events, and optimise production. Save lives and environment through safe assets and safe production is our focus at ABB,” Cravedi added.
The conference will feature presentations from operators like Zadco, Adma-Opco, Petrofac, Qatar Petroleum and Dana Gas.
It will also The event with also include interactive workshops, conferences and exhibition with focus on requirements and design; engineering and construction; operation and maintenance, as well as risk and safety associated with various types of offshore platforms in the region.
Ventyx will host a pre-conference workshop on ‘Managing Process Safety Challenges’ on February 23 and 24, while ABB will present a technical paper on ‘Combining analytics and process automation for enhanced emission control strategies: PEMS at work’.
After the event, ABB plans to organise a customer seminar on ‘Model Based Emission Monitoring’ at the learning zone at its Abu Dhabi Al Raha HQ head office.
ABB’s team from the oil, gas and petrochemical and measurement products will explain why acquiring proper, reliable and timely information about actual emission levels is crucial to deploying adequate control actions and meeting stringent legislation.
The team from Ventyx will also conduct a session on managing environmental risk of complex oil, gas and chemicals operations. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon