Egypt opens Gaza border after Israel ship clash
Gaza, June 1, 2010
Egypt opened its border with the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, letting Palestinians cross until further notice amid a storm of international criticism of Israel's blockade of the enclave, officials in Egypt and Gaza said.
Egypt's Rafah crossing point is the only border post from Gaza that is not fully controlled by Israel.
Cairo has opened it only sparingly since Hamas Islamists, who are allied to Egypt's opposition, seized control in Gaza three years ago.-Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Taliban 'ready for Afghan peace talks'
- Assad says Europe will "pay price" if it arms rebels
- Putin faces isolation over Syria as G8 ups pressure
- US right to arm Syrian rebels, says Israeli president
- Putin, Obama face off over Syria issue
- 30 killed in Iraq car bombings
- Riot police patrol Istanbul ahead of ruling party rally
- US jets in Jordan fuel Russian fear of Syria no-fly zone
- Democrats blocking Obama's trade push
- UK urges G8 to close global tax loopholes