Dell launches new workstation
Dubai, October 11, 2007
Dell today introduced a new workstation, the Dell Precision T3400.
“The Dell Precision T3400 redefines the levels of performance and flexibility customers should expect from mainstream workstations,” said Michael Collins, general manager, Dell Middle East.
“We are reinforcing our market leadership position by delivering leading-edge features such as dual graphics and higher bandwidth processors and memory that customers could not get in this type of system before.”
Dell Precision has been the world’s top-selling line of professional workstations for the past eight years. Dell simplifies its workstation line by designing and certifying its platforms with more than 27 independent software vendors, supporting 63 different applications and services, he said.
This gives professional workstation customers true “peace of mind” when running high performance applications in fields that include engineering, digital content creation, scientific, finance and software development.
Key features of the Dell Precision T3400 include:
• A single processor socket supports new Intel Core 2 Duo and Extreme processors for tangible performance benefits. These processors feature the new Intel Core microarchitecture with the Intel X38 Express chipset. This provides a shorter pipeline, lower clock speeds and higher (1,333MHz) front-side bus speeds to help deliver performance gains over comparable Intel Pentium D and Extreme Edition processors.
• Extensive memory and storage options. The Dell Precision T3400 supports 800Mhz ECC memory from 1GB to 8GB. Customers can order the system with up to four hard drives and choose from a range of SATA and SAS options and RAID configurations.
• Industry-leading workstation-class graphics options, from entry-level 2D to high-end 3D. For demanding 3D applications, the Dell PrecisionT3400 is available with the latest NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600. The Dell Precision T3400 also supports dual graphics configurations and supports up to four external displays.
• Smart chassis design. The compact chassis allows for both mini-tower and desktop orientations and features rotating optical drives that can be installed horizontally or vertically for optimal loading and functionality. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates