Linksys launches WAP 2000
Dubai, March 3, 2008
Linksys has launched its Wireless-G Access Point with Power over Ethernet (WAP2000) for business network environments.
Linksys is a division of Cisco Systems Inc and the recognised leading global manufacturer of voice, wireless, and networking hardware for home, small office/home office (SOHO).
The WAP2000 is a Wireless Access Point ideal for businesses that would like to expand their existing wired networks or create new wireless networks for the workforce or to provide Internet access to visitors, said an official spokesman.
It can provide small businesses with a low-cost, feature-rich solution for increased network capabilities and reach. The WAP2000 features the RangeBooster technology, designed to offer improved performance, range and speed.
This technology lets businesses effectively double network size and increase performance significantly. Combining RangeBooster technology with the integrated quality of service features, 802.11F Roaming and automatic channel selection, enables the deployment of high quality VoIP and video applications on the network.
The Linksys One ready device is outfitted in a sleek metal enclosure only identifiable with the Linksys Business Series of products. The WAP2000 comes with detachable antennas and can be positioned virtually anywhere via standard AC adapter or from a Power-over-Ethernet switch or PoE-injector.
“Small businesses have many choices in the marketplace today, but the common message from our customers is they are looking for ‘higher quality and better value products’,” said regional manager, Linksys Middle East and Africa, Mohammad Hoda.
“The Linksys WAP2000 is an elegant, feature-rich solution that can expand an organization’s wireless network while offering the peace-of-mind that their investment is backed by the industry’s only Linksys to Cisco Trade-up Programme.”
With the introduction of the WAP2000 Linksys provides business owners the best possible network ecosystem with investment protection of the Linksys to Cisco Trade-up Program. With this program, business owners can assure that their business network will always meet the company’s growth, stepping up from Linksys Business Series to Cisco SMB solutions. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco 'SMS Challenge' back with big cash prizes
- 7 win Etisalat million reward points
- Redington to distribute Oracle solutions in Mideast
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service