Kingston releases new memory kits
Dubai, April 14, 2008
Kingston Technology Company, the independent world leader in memory products, has released a new product.
The 800MHz DDR2 fully-buffered dual-inline memory (FB-DIMM) is specifically designed and validated for Apple Mac Pro workstations and Xserve server systems.
Shipping immediately, the Kingston Technology 800MHz FB-DIMM memory kits are available in 2GB, 4GB and 8GB capacities.
“Kingston is a member of the Apple Developer Connection and our new 800MHz FB-DIMMs were thoroughly tested at the Apple validation labs on their latest 8-Core Xeon Mac Pro Workstation to ensure product quality and compatibility,” said business development manager for Kingston Technology Middle East and Africa Antoine Harb.
“To optimise performance, we recommend upgrading Mac Pro memory to at least four FB-DIMMs to enable running in quad-channel mode.”
Delivering up to 25.6 GB/s bandwidth with four memory channels active, Kingston 800MHz FB-DIMMs match the bandwidth needs of the latest Quad-Core Xeon processors. The 2GB and 4GB 800MHz FB-DIMMs enable a flexible upgrade path while leaving plenty of headroom for future RAM expansion.
Launched in January, the new Mac Pro models use one or two Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5400 series (Harpertown) processors. Mac Pro systems are designed with eight memory sockets that accept individual module capacities up to 4GB and a system maximum of 32GB.
Kingston Technology FB-DIMMs are backed by a lifetime warranty and free
24/7 technical support. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions