Verbatim launches new portable hard drive
Dubai, June 25, 2008
Verbatim, a leading storage specialist, has introduced a lightweight 2.5” HDD with 500 GB capacity.
Small and as slim as a PDA, but with the storage capacity of a top-end laptop, this device weighs less than 170gm and measures 8.45 x 13.45 x 1.6 cm. It will be available in the Dubai and Middle East market from early next month.
The need for a fast, easy way to store, backup, share and transport data and multimedia files is fuelling growth in the worldwide removable storage industry.
“Part of Verbatim’s corporate strategy is to capitalise on this trend with an expanded line of External HD products that meet the diverse storage needs of consumers and businesses in the Middle East. Our new product range in a sleek black and silver design & state of-the-art technology has been adapted to match the latest design trends in the laptop sector”, said Verbatim Middle East sales manager Ziad Arab.
Verbatim is one of the first to launch a new development onto the storage market. The new 2.5” half terabyte hard drive is probably one of the world’s lightest, most compact and fashionable storage unit available in the market. The drive fits comfortably into the hand and comes in an elegant, silver and black casing. Verbatim HDDs are extremely low-noise devices, operating with no fan.
Although very small, the 2.5” device packs a lot of capacity that is achieved through three overlaid 166 GB platters. This allows for the storage of enormous volumes of data, both easily and quickly - whether from a PC or Mac. The USB port can transfer data at up to 480 Mbit/s, while the combo version also features a FireWire connector that can support transfers of up to 400 Mbit/s. The Verbatim portable hard drive is USB 2.0 bus powered and requires no external power for operation and no extra USB cable.
User-friendly back-up software comes as standard with all Verbatim HDDs. Apple’s Leopard Time Machine feature is supported for regular backups while the USB models use Nero BackItUp 2 Essentials software for professional data backups. _ TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch