Qtel eyes remainder of Indosat stock
Doha, June 28, 2008
Qatar Telecommunications Company (Qtel) said it will offer to buy all outstanding stock of Indonesia's second-largest mobile operator PT Indosat.
'Qatar Telecom announces its plan to conduct a tender offer, to acquire all of the outstanding series B common shares, including the series B shares represented by American depositary shares of PT Indosat Tbk,' Qtel said in a statement on the Doha bourse website on Thursday.
Qtel completed the acquisition of a 40.8 per cent stake in Indonesia's PT Indosat Tbk last week.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year