Nokia unveils N96
Dubai, August 26, 2008
Nokia has launched its much-awaited icon of convergence, the Nokia N96, which the company claims provides an unparalleled mobile experience.
The N96 features live TV, 5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics, turn-by-turn voice navigation, up to 32GB of memory, superior sound and music, N-Gage gaming and spectacular 2.8” display, said an official.
It will be available in the Lower Gulf from the second week of September.
“The pioneering dual slider design blends phone and multimedia options seamlessly so it makes discovering and sharing experiences effortless. The Nokia N96 is simply in a league of its own,” said Steve Lewis, head of GTM, Nokia Middle East and Africa.
Across the Lower Gulf, the Nokia N96 comes pre-loaded with the movie ‘Transformers’. Users can also sit back and enjoy the special effects hands-free, virtually anywhere, thanks to a cleverly designed 'kickstand' on the back cover, he added.
The N96 has the ability to store up to 40 hours of video content either transferred from a computer or found online at the Nokia Video Center via hi-speed USB 2.0 connection with WLAN and HSDPA support.
To make the mobile experience even more personal, the Nokia N96 can be customized with a wide range of tailored content including a selection of branded entertainment and personalization content via the Nokia Download! application, said a statement.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design