Meeza seals $34m Vodafone Qatar pact
Doha, November 29, 2008
Meeza, a privately-held joint venture offering managed IT services and solutions, has launched its operations in Qatar with the signing of a QR125 million ($34.3 million) agreement with Vodafone Qatar.
Under the agreement, Meeza (advantage in Arabic) will provide an end-to-end turn key infrastructure solution to support Vodafone Qatar’s core telecommunications and network operations, said a company official.
Rashid Al-Naimi, chairman of the Meeza board of directors said, “We at Meeza are thrilled to be announcing this major agreement with Vodafone on our first day of operations.'
'This is an example of how Meeza will deliver IT services and solutions to enable the success of our clients and, thereby, contribute to the continued growth and development of Qatar,' he commented.
The company also announced the official launch of M-VAULT T3, its Tier III Data Centre delivering an uptime and availability of 99.98 percent.
M-VAULT T3, the first of its kind in Qatar, is built on foundations of security, availability and scalability to ensure maximum client value and advantage, supporting a full suite of Managed IT Services and solutions.
As Meeza expands, it will be uniquely positioned to offer cloud services (consumer and business products, services and solutions that are delivered and consumed in real-time over the Internet).
Cloud Services gives businesses access to robust IT infrastructure and the latest applications without having to bear the high costs of ownership and maintenance.
Meeza’s strategy will deliver a fully capable cloud services to the region in 2011 to enable clients to realise the many benefits of Cloud Services.
Scott E. MacKenzie, CEO of MEEZA, said “This is a truly defining moment for Meeza, its partners, clients, and for the IT sector in the region.'
'Its offerings enable businesses to be more effective as they gain access to world class services delivered through proven best practices. Our IT capabilities ensure our clients can realise true advantage from IT,' he added.
'Our investments in cutting edge technology, data centres, strategic alliances and skilled IT personnel uniquely positions Meeza in the region,' commented Hamad Al Mannai, Meeza deputy CEO.
'We are committed to add value to our clients businesses and support their growth, through our service excellence, world class IT assets and the best people skills,' he added.
By combining proven experience with strategic partnerships with industry leaders such as Microsoft, Cisco, HP and VMware, Meeza is able to deliver a unique advantage to clients through service excellence and state of the art solutions.
Meeza supports Qatar foundation in the transformation of Qatar into a knowledge-based society and aims to support the continued growth and development of the business community in the region.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services