Du, Signiant in digital content deal
Dubai, March 4, 2009
Du, the UAE’s integrated telecom service provider and Signiant, the leading developer of content distribution management solutions have joined hands to create Signiant-enabled tunnels from the GCC to content-rich “Points of Media Presence.”
The collaboration between the leading broadcast services provider in the region, and the supplier-of-choice for off-line media transport will enable the creation of cost-effective, high-speed and highly secure intra-company collaboration zones which will be centrally configured, administered and reported on by du Broadcast Services, said a du statement.
Yatinder Mahajan, EVP Technology, du, said: 'The collaboration we are looking at will be significant from the entire regional broadcast industry point of view.'
'By working together, we will offer our proven commercially viable international network connectivity to strengthen Signiant’s file-based media delivery system to the UAE,' he added.
David Nortier, managing director, Signiant Europe, said the nature of the industry is such that broadcast media must be sent securely and reliably as content owners have high standards for protection of media when it is in transit and it is important that it cannot be illegally used or exploited.
'This is where du comes in and we look forward to work with them closely,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates