Trend Micro offers Web security for Apple devices
Dubai, April 13, 2009
Trend Micro has announced a free secure browser application exclusively for Apple iPhone and iPod touch mobile devices, said a statement.
The Trend Smart Surfing (TSS) application, available on the iPhone App Store, offers another layer of protection for users against Web threats by blocking access to malicious Web sites, protecting users from phishing and malware downloads that could infect their iPhones as well as any PC connecting to the iPhone or iPod touch devices.
TSS is an Internet browsing tool that uses Trend Micro’s Web reputation technology, a component of the Trend Micro Smart Protection network, to block users of iPhone and iPod touch mobile devices from unintentionally visiting Web sites that may contain malicious content designed to steal confidential information and personal data.
The Trend Micro Smart Protection network is a cloud-client infrastructure that checks the security of more than five billion URL, email, and file queries daily, providing customers with real-time protection against Web threats.
Increasingly, cybercriminals are setting their eyes on smart phones that have become small personal computers holding bank account information, credit card and social security numbers, and confidential passwords.
Mobile Web threats are on the rise and smart phones are becoming attractive targets, especially as Web browsing becomes a standard feature for these mobile gadgets.
Backed by the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network and Trend Micro’s 20-year history of protecting customers from identity theft, data loss and other Web threats, TSS users receive unique, real-time, instant browser protection wherever they take their Apple iPhone or iPod touch mobile devices.
Key Features of Smart Surfing include:
• In-depth browser security powered by the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network that blocks access to malicious Web pages.
• Color-coded search results that make it easy to identify harmful Web pages.
• Three protection strength levels that users can modify according to their needs.
• Able to support browsing of multiple Web pages at the same time.
– TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project