Woman to head key Batelco division
Manama, July 7, 2009
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, has announced the promotion of Sawsan Noor to the post of head of Government Segment.
The section is one of the company’s largest segments which serves a significant number of Batelco’s customers.
Noor moves from the company’s Enterprise Division where she served as head of Major Accounts and International Business since 2008.
She has held a number of prominent roles throughout her working career and holds an MBA from the University of Glamorgan in UK.
“We believe Sawsan has the leadership potential and communication skills required to fill such an influential role,” said her general manager Dr Abdulla Al Thawadi.
“Furthermore, Sawsan is the first lady in the history of Batelco to be appointed to this position which is a great achievement and supports Batelco’s commitment to provide opportunities for all staff, male and female,” he added.
Batelco is proud that 25 per cent of its workforce consists of ladies and that a high proportion of them hold executive roles, leading various critical and complex functions, said Batelco Group general manager human resources Shaikh Ahmed Al Khalifa.
“Batelco provides equal opportunities for its entire staff and makes available world-class training opportunities by investing over a million dinars annually to ensure that relevant development programmes are available,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project