Etisalat lowers international call rates
Abu Dhabi, October 1, 2009
Etisalat, UAE’s leading telecom services provider, has reduced the call rates to Philippines and Indonesia for a limited time, as part of its corporate social responsibility.
From October 2 to 8, customers can call Philippines and Indonesia from their fixed lines and mobiles at a reduced rate of 99 fils ($0.27) per minute. The SMS rates have also been reduced to 30 fils per SMS.
“Etisalat empathizes with the Filipino and Indonesian community in the UAE, who must have been distressed by the natural calamity that has stuck these countries,” said Khalifa Al Shamsi, vice president, consumer marketing at Etisalat.
“We understand the dire need of our customers to reach out to their family and loved ones to ensure their safety and well-being, and hence, are reducing our call and SMS rates to Philippines and Indonesia,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president