Estarta sets up records system for UN agency
Amman, December 28, 2009
Estarta Solutions, a leading global software solutions provider, recently deployed a new records and registration system for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian refugees (UNRWA).
UNRWA stressed the importance of this project by linking the five areas of its operations electronically via Internet channels.
The new system will provide accurate information and records on Palestinian refugees and their accommodation within and outside refugee camps, in addition to all other important data in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
"UNRWA decided to adopt a new registration system to keep accurate records of refugee families, their accommodation and current status within or outside their camps,” said Abd Al Fattah Abo Qaba'a, UNRWA’s director of eligibility and registration.
“Moreover, the new system will allow individuals to obtain independent cards besides the existing family cards, carrying all needed information in both Arabic and English, including, most importantly, their national security number in addition to some data about their financial situation,” he added.
Majdi Al Beit Shawish, Estarta CEO, said, “Estarta is proud to be part of such an important project. So much so, that we invested in the latest technology and spent thousands of working days over the two years of the project’s life.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates