Batelco offers roaming to cruise travellers
Manama, February 22, 2010
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom services provider, has launched a new roaming service that provides complete voice and data coverage to vacationers travelling on cruise lines.
Travellers on board the Costa Cruise ship fleet, the Ibero Cruise ships Grand Mistral, Grand Voyager and Grand Celebration, and the Grandi Navi Veloci (GNV) cruise line ships - Majestic and Splendid, will enjoy full coverage wherever their ship goes, regardless of route or geographical location, a statement said.
“Batelco has worked diligently to sign international roaming agreements that ensure that its customers avail of greater connectivity wherever they travel,” said Ahmed Al-Janahi, Batelco general manager media and government relations.
“With ‘GSM on Ship’, we continue to uphold our commitment to provide customers with global access to voice and data services,” he added.
Launched through an agreement with Telecom Italia, “GSM on Ship” brings Batelco’s total number of commercial agreements with operators around the world for roaming services to 533 agreements. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi
- UAE TRA to allocate new bands
- UAE firms ‘lacking in cloud integration’
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- ICT solutions 'key to knowledge development'
- Morocco plans 4G mobile licence tenders