Aircell names business aviation sales chief
Orlando, April 10, 2010
Aircell, a leading provider of airborne communications in the world, has appointed Dave Salvador as the company’s new corporate sales manager for its business aviation group.
In his new role, Dave will be responsible for assisting business aircraft operators in understanding the myriad of airborne communications options available to them, said a statement from Aircell.
Dave will based in the Chicago area and will provide nationwide support to Aircell’s regional sales staff. He will be reporting to Bill Darbe, director, Aftermarket Sales.
A sales executive with a broad base of experience, Dave has more than 15 years experience in the aviation industry.
He comes to Aircell from his previous position of Director, Aviation Sales and Business Development, at ID Systems, where he had global responsibility for the company’s commercial and military aviation markets.
Dave’s business and general aviation career experience also includes positions of increasing responsibility at JA Air Center, Northstar Technologies, Trimble Navigation and Terra Avionics.
A licensed pilot, he served as an Avionics Systems Specialist in the US Air Force and earned a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Technology, specializing in Avionics and Flight, from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the statement added.
Andy Geist, Aircell’s senior VP, Business Aviation Solutions, said, 'In the past year, there has been a dramatic increase in the airborne communications capabilities available to business aircraft operators – particularly inflight Internet.'
'With Dave’s customer-focused background and expert product knowledge, he will be a tremendous asset as customers look to pair their connectivity needs with effective and affordable inflight solutions. We’re delighted to have him join our team,' Geist added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion