Jacky’s deploys SonicWall’s security solution
Dubai, May 24, 2010
Jacky’s Electronics, a top one multi-brand consumer electronics retailer in the UAE, recently deployed a threat solution from SonicWall, a leading secure network company, in order to optimise the bandwidth of its network.
Jacky’s installed SonicWall’s united threat management (UTM) security solution in its 12 retail outlets and remote warehouse locations, as part of its expansion strategy across the UAE.
A prototype network environment mirroring Jacky’s live environment was set up in the company’s Sharjah City Center outlet.
After a few tests, it became apparent that there was a high degree of bandwidth optimization and real return on investment (ROI) within Jacky’s reach, a statement said.
Disruptions were minimal, as SonicWall initially deployed the solution in newer branches where volumes were smaller before shifting to larger, more data-intensive locations.
The solution was made up of a NSA 4500 appliance installed at Jacky’s head office and a TZ180 appliance deployed at every remote location covering all its branches and warehouse locations.
“In the first year of operation, SonicWall’s solution gained us an ROI of 15 per cent, if the initial outlay is considered. Looking at the long term, the solution will offer an ROI of approximately 60 percent on savings experienced from the cost of data lines alone,” said Ashish Panjabi, chief operating officer of Jacky’s Electronics.
Post implementation, Jacky’s was able to instill policies through SonicWall’s application firewall and take appropriate action to stop deviant activity, control access to unwanted sites and block unproductive protocols, the statement added.
The solution drastically enhanced Jacky’s network performance by easing congestion, controlling virus infection and filtering out unwanted services. Viruses and intrusion were contained using security tools like IPS and gateway antivirus. The gateway suite helped control the network on a per-user and per-protocol basis.
“We look forward to developing a stronger relationship with Jacky’s, which is one of the leading visionary retail companies in the region,” said Shahnawaz Sheikh, SonicWall Middle East and Africa (MEA) regional sales manager.
Business managers and decision makers who are constantly on the move, will now be able to access and act on business and time critical information, securely from anywhere. The solution will help them manage content much more efficiently while also growing their business. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion