Finnish firm releases new imaging software
Helsinki, June 7, 2010
Finland-based Planmeca Oy, a leading dental equipment and software manufacturer, has released a new version of its dental imaging software.
The 2.4 version of Planmeca Romexis features full Mac OS support for all Planmeca’s X-ray units at a dental practice as well as tools for enhanced and accurate implant planning, a statement said.
Planmeca Oy is the first dental manufacturer to offer Mac OS operating system support for all its X-ray units, it added.
With the Planmeca Romexis software, whatever the diagnostic requirement, the images can be acquired, viewed processed and stored in either Mac OS or MS Windows environment.
The software’s Apple compatibility also makes it possible to send the 2D and 3D images acquired with Planmeca X-ray units to an iPhone or iPad simply with one click.
The feature is currently supported with the OsiriX Mobile application, and it allows viewing, rotating and zooming of images, and measuring distances in iPhone or iPad.
Other features introduced in spring 2010 facilitate smoother and more accurate implant placement, according to the statement.
With the new implant verification tool, planning and evaluating the fit of the implant is extremely simple. It allows examination of the implant in relation to the surrounding anatomy by visualising slice views and average HU-values in the proximity of the implant.
When using implant verification, the 3D volume rotates around the implant’s vertical axis. The centre of the axis is on the current implant, which allows the user to focus on the implant site.
To virtually plan the implant placement accurately, Planmeca Romexis also includes an implant library containing a comprehensive selection of realistic implant models from top manufacturers.
The realistic implants are shown in cross sectional, axial and panoramic views and in rendered 3D view.
“An imaging software is the heart of any dental clinic with X-ray imaging devices,” said Helianna Puhlin-Nurminen, vice president for digital imaging and applications division at Planmeca Oy.
“A software’s most important tasks are to smooth the acquiring process and to guarantee the quality of the images. Planmeca Romexis is an intuitive software with numerous tools and functionalities for image enhancement and measurement, drawing and annotations, improving the diagnostic value of the radiographs,’ she added.
The Planmeca Romexis software suite includes all dental imaging modalities such as intraoral, panoramic, cephalometric, 3D imaging, dental tomography, as well as photos and intraoral video imaging, the statement said.
It integrates with a variety of third party equipment using the industry standard Twain interface as well as with third party software, and communicates via the Dicom standard. Furthermore, it enables centralised and remote dental unit maintenance, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract