Etisalat wins Telecoms World awards
Abu Dhabi, October 7, 2010
Etisalat, the leading telecom service provider in the UAE, has won the Best Operator and Best Middle Eastern Wholesale Carrier awards at Telecoms World Middle East 2010, a major telecom industry event, in Dubai.
Etisalat was granted the awards for its innovative business model, successful partnering strategy and technology deployment that support its thriving wholesale carrier business.
Etisalat was also honoured for its high score in values such as quality of service, reliability, customer service, strong service portfolio and technological innovation.
“Congratulations to Etisalat on winning two of the most prestigious awards at the fourth annual Telecoms World Awards Middle East ceremony,” said Matt Wallhead, general manager, Terrapinn Middle East.
“This achievement is particularly impressive given the strength and quality of the finalists they were competing against. The awards highlighted that regional operators have become global brands and are firmly established as world class service providers. Etisalat’s success is further evidence that they are at the forefront of this," he added.
Etisalat's carrier and wholesale service group established many services for regional ISPs, mobile operators and telecoms companies.
These include global transit services for voice, data, MPLSs as well as many value added mobile and internet services effectively providing outsourcing services for other operators.
Etisalat’s subscriber base has exceeded 107 million across its operations in 18 countries out of a total population of two billion people, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit