Etisalat wins Telecoms World awards
Abu Dhabi, October 7, 2010
Etisalat, the leading telecom service provider in the UAE, has won the Best Operator and Best Middle Eastern Wholesale Carrier awards at Telecoms World Middle East 2010, a major telecom industry event, in Dubai.
Etisalat was granted the awards for its innovative business model, successful partnering strategy and technology deployment that support its thriving wholesale carrier business.
Etisalat was also honoured for its high score in values such as quality of service, reliability, customer service, strong service portfolio and technological innovation.
“Congratulations to Etisalat on winning two of the most prestigious awards at the fourth annual Telecoms World Awards Middle East ceremony,” said Matt Wallhead, general manager, Terrapinn Middle East.
“This achievement is particularly impressive given the strength and quality of the finalists they were competing against. The awards highlighted that regional operators have become global brands and are firmly established as world class service providers. Etisalat’s success is further evidence that they are at the forefront of this," he added.
Etisalat's carrier and wholesale service group established many services for regional ISPs, mobile operators and telecoms companies.
These include global transit services for voice, data, MPLSs as well as many value added mobile and internet services effectively providing outsourcing services for other operators.
Etisalat’s subscriber base has exceeded 107 million across its operations in 18 countries out of a total population of two billion people, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award