Zain in breast cancer awareness drive
Manama, October 19, 2010
Zain Bahrain, a leading telecom service provider, has launched an SMS charity donation drive towards raising funds for breast cancer awareness.
The campaign, which is part of the breast cancer awareness month which raises awareness and funds, involves texting one’s donation to Zain Bahrain.
Zain customers can send (Think Pink) to 1111 and BD1 ($2.65) will be donated from the customer’s account towards a fund to purchase a digital MRI screening machine for Salmaniya Hospital.
“Zain Bahrain believes in being an active community partner and by using the technology of the mobile phone, we can make it very easy for all our customers to join us in the fight against breast cancer,” said Samya Hussain, Zain Bahrain’s corporate communications manager.
“The monies raised from the Zain SMS campaign will be doubled and will help purchase necessary equipment to help in the fight against breast cancer. Early detection of breast cancer saves lives,” she added.
Tahera Al Alawi, vice chairperson, Think Pink Bahrain, said: "Think Pink Bahrain is grateful for Zain's continuous efforts in helping us raise breast cancer awareness in the community. Through the SMS campaign, we are able to reach out to wider audiences to spread our message. We thank Zain Bahrain for their support.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi