Viva backs Bahrain Deaf Society
Manama, February 16, 2011
Viva, a leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, will sponsor a six month workshop organised by the Bahrain Deaf Society.
The company’s corporate social responsibility programme titled Viva Jusoor will focus on breaking barriers between people with special needs and the community, a statement said.
The workshop, that aims to train society members in designing silver jewellery, will empower the members to enter the job market. Viva will provide laptops and Internet connectivity to the participants of the workshop.
'Viva Jusoor aims to empower Bahrainis, especially people with special needs. Such workshops give Bahrainis the opportunity to be qualified and able to enter the job market,' said Viva CEO, Ibrahim A. Al Omar.
The workshop will train members of the Bahrain Deaf Society to develop designs of silver jewellery based on the trend in the market.
Viva Jusoor aims to achieve its objectives through strategic partnership with local non-profit societies to build capabilities and create productive and independent members of the society, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi
- UAE TRA to allocate new bands
- UAE firms ‘lacking in cloud integration’
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- ICT solutions 'key to knowledge development'
- Morocco plans 4G mobile licence tenders