Viva backs Bahrain Deaf Society
Manama, February 16, 2011
Viva, a leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, will sponsor a six month workshop organised by the Bahrain Deaf Society.
The company’s corporate social responsibility programme titled Viva Jusoor will focus on breaking barriers between people with special needs and the community, a statement said.
The workshop, that aims to train society members in designing silver jewellery, will empower the members to enter the job market. Viva will provide laptops and Internet connectivity to the participants of the workshop.
'Viva Jusoor aims to empower Bahrainis, especially people with special needs. Such workshops give Bahrainis the opportunity to be qualified and able to enter the job market,' said Viva CEO, Ibrahim A. Al Omar.
The workshop will train members of the Bahrain Deaf Society to develop designs of silver jewellery based on the trend in the market.
Viva Jusoor aims to achieve its objectives through strategic partnership with local non-profit societies to build capabilities and create productive and independent members of the society, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum