Viva backs Bahrain Deaf Society
Manama, February 16, 2011
Viva, a leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, will sponsor a six month workshop organised by the Bahrain Deaf Society.
The company’s corporate social responsibility programme titled Viva Jusoor will focus on breaking barriers between people with special needs and the community, a statement said.
The workshop, that aims to train society members in designing silver jewellery, will empower the members to enter the job market. Viva will provide laptops and Internet connectivity to the participants of the workshop.
'Viva Jusoor aims to empower Bahrainis, especially people with special needs. Such workshops give Bahrainis the opportunity to be qualified and able to enter the job market,' said Viva CEO, Ibrahim A. Al Omar.
The workshop will train members of the Bahrain Deaf Society to develop designs of silver jewellery based on the trend in the market.
Viva Jusoor aims to achieve its objectives through strategic partnership with local non-profit societies to build capabilities and create productive and independent members of the society, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president