Du launches live entertainment platform
Dubai, February 24, 2011
Du, a major telecom service provider in the UAE, has launched a new entertainment platform featuring leading music events and concerts presented in a ‘live’ format throughout the year in association with Nokia.
Du is also supporting a series of hotly awaited music events and concerts taking place over the next few weeks, including Stevie Wonder on March 18, as part of du’s sponsorship with Flash Events and Chill Out Productions.
It will also cover the du World Music Festival taking place at the Burj Khalifa steps in Downtown Dubai and The Walk in JBR from February 26 to March 25, with performances by artistes from around the world such as Tamer Hosny, Mona Amarcha, Janet Kapuya, Mashrou’ Leila, Amit Chatterjee Alliance, Spongecola and Wust el Balad among others.
“Music is an important aspect of every culture, and is the common language across all regions and nationalities,” said Farid Faraidooni, chief commercial officer, du.
“It brings a great deal of pleasure and comfort to those that listen to it. For this reason – true to our philosophy of adding life to life - we are introducing the theme du Live! that will keep music lovers engaged and entertained through our numerous events - such as our World Music Festival,” Faraidooni added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year