Omantel Q1 profit falls 19.8pc to $67.5m
Muscat, May 9, 2011
First-quarter net profit at Oman Telecommunications Co (Omantel) fell 19.8 percent, the company said in a statement, ahead of releasing full financial results later in the week.
The former monopoly reported a first-quarter profit of 26 million rials ($67.53 million), in line with analyst estimates, but down from 32.4 million rials in the year-earlier period.
Analysts polled by Reuters had expected the firm to post a quarterly profit of 26.2 million rials. Revenue rose 0.8 percent in the quarter ending March 31, the statement said, from the prior-year period. The company will release full quarterly results on May 11. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain’s mobile firms asked to improve service
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages