UAE ‘fifth in global broadband speeds’
Abu Dhabi, May 16, 2011
The UAE ranked at number five during 2010 fourth quarter for the world’s fastest average connection speed of 27.2Mbps, said the CEO of Etisalat, UAE’s leading telecom service provider.
Nasser Bin Obood was addressing the Abu Dhabi Telecoms CEO Summit at MECOM, the largest ICT Exhibition and Conference in the UAE Capital.
“Etisalat is committed to realize its vision of creating a world where people’s reach is not limited by matter or distance,” he said at the event partnered by Etisalat as strategic ICT partner.
“As per the latest report findings, UAE’s average Internet connection speed has seen a dramatically impressive 68 per cent increase in Quarter-on-Quarter and 309 per cent increase in year on year,” he added, quoting the recent Akamai report.
“The Internet and telecommunications sector is one of the fastest growing and technologically innovative sectors. We are committed to constantly working hard to ensure that we remain one of the most connected nations in the world.”
“Etisalat has built a state-of-the-art telecom infrastructure in the UAE and has earned an enviable reputation as a reliable, innovative and customer-centric corporation. Today, our nation is known the world-over for being one of superlatives – and this is also the case in technology,” Obood continued.
“In the fast pace of our networked economies, the industry is faced with new market conditions such as increased competition through liberalisation, changing consumer loyalties, evolving business environments, perceptions and expectations too. Etisalat is adapting to and embracing these changes,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services