Netgear completes S&S Sports project
Dubai, May 29, 2011
Netgear, a leading provider of branded networking and storage products, has announced the successful implementation of key wireless solutions for leading UAE-based sports equipment and accessories retail chain, Sun and Sand Sports.
The Dh200,000 ($54,450) project was completed in partnership with International Technology Services (ITS), a specialist in large-scale, turnkey technology solutions for companies and governments worldwide, said a statement from Netgear.
It was implemented over a six-week installation period and covered the Sun and Sand Sports facilities in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman and Ras Al Khaimah.
The installation included key Netgear equipment such as the wireless controller model WMS5316, access points device WG103 and FS 726TP switches, the statement added.
The project was part of Sun and Sand Sports' vision to adopt new technologies into their operations, which cost them around Dh2.5 million.
The installation of strategic wireless solutions will enable Sun and Sand Sports staff to utilize wireless connectivity for Pocket PC PDAs and perform functions like Point of Sale and inventory (Transfer in, Transfer Out, Demand Request, GRNs and Stock Tracking).
These strategic devices provided each Sun and Sand Sports branch with smooth and seamless wireless connectivity.
"Our operations have greatly improved since the new wireless system was installed by Netgear and ITS, greatly increasing staff productivity and efficiencies," said Bilal Abdel Hadi, Group IT Manager, Gulf Marketing Group, Sun and Sand Sports.
"The presence of wireless connectivity has allowed us to reduce on time and cost on usual store duties like bar coding, price verification, and inventory transactions like Transfer in, Transfer Out, Demand Request, GRN’s, and Stock Tracking with online variation," he noted.
"Now, all data can easily be transferred from store to store. Customers will also benefit from this improvement in our operations. This project is part of master project plan, which will cover around 65 stores in UAE and GCC countries, and is costing us Dh2.5 million," Hadi added.
According to ITS, one of the main challenges of the project was the limited time allotted for the installation process as the showrooms are located in some of the country’s leading malls and shopping districts, which means that work had been conducted during the late hours of the evening.
"Our strategic partnership with Netgear allowed us to help the company increase more productivity and efficiencies with the development of wireless solutions that they can use for point of sale, inventory and stock tracking purposes,” remarked Yousef Abu Al Shawareb, deputy general manager, UAE Operations, ITS.
“The combination of our expertise in implementing turnkey technology solutions combined with Netgear’s wide range of branded networking and storage products allowed us to develop an effective and reliable wireless solution for Sun and Sand Sports showrooms in the UAE,” he added.
ITS has extensive expertise in both information technology and medical/scientific technology. The company completes complex international projects on time and under budget. ITS maintains key offices in Canada, Western Europe and Africa. ITS also has strategic partners in almost every country, which means that ITS has the infrastructure in place to deliver quality results and support productive, long-term relationships with customers around the globe.
Ahmad Zeidan, channel sales manager, Netgear Middle East, said, "Working with a leading solutions provider like ITS demonstrates Netgear’s steadfast commitment to provide customers with effective and highly reliable wireless and networking solutions that can altogether bolster more growth and development into their company.”
"Servicing a leading brand like the Sun and Sand Sports retail chain reflects Netgear’s continuous dedication towards developing strategic IT solutions for our customers and helping them integrate it into their day-to-day operations," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya