Menatelecom in WiMAX accord with India firm
Manama, September 29, 2011
Bahrain-based Menatelecom, a leading telecom operator, has awarded its 2012-2013 managed services contract to India-based global giant Tech Mahindra, as part of its continued investment in their WiMAX 16e network expansion.
Tech Mahindra will join Huawei Technologies in managing Menatelecom’s WiMAX 16e network.
The agreement will enable Menatelecom to enhance and expand its billing and customer relation management system.
“In a few short years since the launch of our WiMAX network, Menatelecom has changed the Internet market and the way people connect to it in Bahrain,” said Menatelecom chairman Abdulhakeem Alkhayyat.
“We have provided faster, better and more flexible broadband solutions for both residential and corporate customers. We have also raised the standards for what customers should expect of their Internet service provider.
“The new partnership with Tech Mahindra will only ensure that our customers continue to receive the best support possible and the most reliable broadband Internet service,” Alkhayyat added.
“Tech Mahindra is delighted and feels privileged to have been chosen by Menatelecom as its managed services and IT transformation partner,” said Tech Mahindra vice-president Krishna Gopal.
“It’s a vindication of our investment in the emerging markets and our deep experience of working with operators in this region.
“Tech Mahindra already has a deep presence in the region and we are looking forward to a productive and longterm engagement with Menatelecom,” he added.
Tech Mahindra is a leading provider of solutions and services to the telecommunications industry with a majority stake owned by Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, in partnership with British Telecommunications.
It is part of the $12.5 billion Mahindra Group, a global industrial federation of companies and one of the top 10 business houses based in India.
Focused primarily on the telecommunications industry, Tech Mahindra is a leading global systems integrator and business transformation consulting organisation. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution