Sharp to display LCD innovation at Gitex
Dubai, October 6, 2011
Sharp will install 20 LCD touch screen ‘venue maps’ around the venue of the upcoming Gitex in Dubai to aid visitors in navigating the show.
Gitex Technology Week is running from October 9 to 13 at Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC).
“The newest innovations Sharp has developed are set to improve the way LCD screens are utilised to add value to businesses,” said Tomoo Shimizu, director, Business Solutions Division, Sharp Middle East.
“DWTC has deployed our 60-inch and 70-inch LCD displays with sensitive touch screen technology to offer interactive guides to visitors which also provide additional advertising space, with 40 per cent of the screen space sold to advertisers, bringing in additional revenue to the show.”
Sharp offered 10 of each size of its latest Michigan Series displays, which have been encased in a kiosk and set out at strategic points along the GITEX concourse.
The set ups enable DTWC to offer information on exact stand location to visitors, with them able to navigate based on their preference of product category segment, event schedule or booth location, all delivered in a clear and easy to use format.
“The Middle East is a key market for Sharp, with it representing a large percentage of our Middle East and Africa business. So tailoring strategies for our core business solutions is something we focus on heavily, ensuring the region’s customers receive the services and solutions that are most appropriate to their needs,” added Shimizu.
“The continued development of how our products and services add value to Middle East businesses is testament to Sharp staying true to its history of innovation, as we continually push what is possible to achieve using our technology to the benefit of our customers.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network