Epicor deploys ERP solution at Khalid Cements
Dubai, November 12, 2011
Epicor, a leader in business software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail and services organizations, said it has successfully implemented its enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution at Qatar-based Khalid Cement Industries Complex (KCIC).
KCIC is one of the largest concrete manufacturing companies in Qatar employing over 1,400 people at four manufacturing units situated at Salwa industrial area, Dafna, Dukhan. It will soon open another unit at the Ras Laffan area.
The ERP solution has been deployed across the finance, HR, supply chain management, production management, maintenance and customer relationship management (CRM) divisions, said a KCIC official.
“We needed to have complete visibility and control over every operational aspect of the company to streamline our business. Epicor ERP will help the company manage the tremendous growth achieved over the last 10 years in capacity, production and manpower,” remarked KCIC IT manager, Mohammad Didarul Islam.
“With Epicor ERP in place we plan to take our business to a new level of growth and profitability,” he noted.
Basil Daniells, regional vice president for Epicor, said the ERP solution will provide business intelligence tools to optimize KCIC’s operations and will connect all of KCIC’s remote business units in real-time.
"This will enable continuous control over the daily operations of each area of the business thus facilitating timely and critical decision making," he noted.
Daniells said the success of the implementation is testament to Epicor ERP aligning with a customer’s business and best practices to ensure a successful, intuitive, reliable and scalable ERP solution that fits the business.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network