Zain announces November winners
Manama, December 21, 2011
Zain Bahrain has selected four winners for November from among visitors to the 1st Bahrain Waste Management Forum and Exhibition 2011: “Towards Zero Waste” which was organised by the Bahrain Polytechnic.
Zain Bahrain was the official telecoms partner for the event, a statement from the company said.
The winners Hussain Jasim, Hasan Saeed, Sakiena Jaafer and Abdulhasan Abbas will receive a BlackBerry Touch handset for joining the campaign against e-waste and disposing their old, unusable handsets into drop boxes which were placed at the forum venue.
The innovative green initiative was launched by the company in March and it has dedicated special drop boxes in its experience shops across the kingdom for the public to drop off their unusable mobile handsets.
The boxes are also available at the Bahrain Polytechnic campus, and a raffle prize for one winner is announced each week, the statement said.
More than 1000 phones have been collected so far, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet
- Zain launches new premium services
- MenaITech celebrates 10th anniversary
- Kuwait Airways partners with Microsoft